Photos of all types of Nebulas
NGC2024, The Flame Nebula - Shot with a Meade DSI-C through a Stellavue AT1010 (80mm) piggybacked on my C9.25. Stack of 13 exposures at 2 minutes each. I would have done more but I was losing Orion. Levels were adjusted in Photoshop.
M42 - This was my first try with the DSI-C on the Stellarvue AT1010(80mm)piggybacked on my C9.25. It's a stack of 40 images at 15 sec each. Levels were adjusted in Photoshop.
M27 - 33 x 30 Seconds. C9.25 at f/6.3 DSI Color.
M57 - 20 x 30 Seconds. C9.25 at f/6.3 DSI Color. This was the first shot from the new obsevartory.
M57 - This was first light for my DSI-Color. The seeing was terrible, about a 2/10, but I had to play with my new toy anyway. It is 10 shots at 60 seconds each, shot at f/6.3 through a Celestron 9 1/4" The only adjustment was to the levels.
M57 The Ring Nebula. I finally figured out how to use my ST-5 as an Autoguider. This is a 30 minute exposure shot through my C-8 on Fuji Superia 800 print film. The shot was guided using an ST-5. The only adjusting that was done to the scanned image was a very minor change in brightness.
M42 - I took 12 shots between 12/22/00 and 3/18/01 (weather is a pain) in various configurations, and all 12 came out perfect. This is the best of the bunch. It was shot through my C-8 with a f6.3 focal reducer. The film was Fuji Superia 800 with a 10 minute exposure, manually guided using a piggy backed ETX-90. No editing was done to the photo after I scanned it in.
M27 - This one is my very first shot on my very first roll of film shot at prime focus!!! I think it turned out pretty good. It is M27, shot on Fuji Super G 800 through my C-8 at prime focus. I was having problems with the PEC recording on my mount, so I manually guided the scope, I think new batteries should help. The exposure was 20 min., I know it should have been longer, but I am just practicing guiding for now, my next roll will be much longer exposures. The negative was scanned and the curves adjusted using a procedure from Jerry Lodriguss.
My first attempt at astrophotography. This was shot through a 210MM lens and Minolta camera mounted piggy back on my telescope. The exposure was 5 min. at f/3.8 on Kodak 400 Gold, then scanned and edited using Adobe Photoshop. I duplicated the layer and combined them using the multiply mode. You can just see M27 if you look real close in the large photo. This was really just an attempt at guiding the scope.